Technical SEO Audit
The first step in a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) engagement with Beasley is an analysis of technical factors that make content available to site crawlers (or “spiders”) used by the search engines. These crawlers are constantly at work indexing and evaluating content. If they can’t find it because a page doesn’t load fast enough, or isn’t visible through your site architecture, then you don’t get credit for it. As part of our SEO audit we also use technical means to highlight the content that you think is the most important to your potential site visitors.
Get a Free SEO Audit — Learn more.
Some of the specific areas we’ll investigate in this Technical SEO Audit:
- The overall architecture of the site (directory, file structure, dynamic page creation and navigation) to ensure content is presented in the appropriate way.
- Technologies used in developing and displaying the site to make sure pages and images are loading efficiently.
- We will work with your existing Content Management System (CMS) to identify both known and new technical challenges inherent in the CMS.
- We will also work with you to transition to a new CMS from a previous one.
- We’ve performed successful optimizations on WordPress, Joomla, Crown Peak, Drupal, Magento, Volusion, Shopify, SharePoint and hand built HTML sites.
- Functionality of source code and ratio to readable content. Since Google can’t read source code, too much of it (like behind-the-scenes comments inserted by developers) may make your site seem less useful than it is.
- Internal link structure, and identification of incorrect or broken links that keep content from displaying properly.
The deliverable from the SEO audit is a detailed report that includes line-by-line descriptions of issues and recommendations for resolution, which can be performed by you or with the participation of Beasley Direct and Online Marketing.
I have known Laurie Beasley for years, before I was a two-term president who led the NorCal chapter of the Business Marketing Association, now part of the the Association of National Advertisers (ANA). Laurie’s contribution and commitment to the craft of demand generation including SEO and PPC and the professional development of B2B marketers led me to engage Beasley Direct to be the agency of choice for Blue Cedar, a mobile security software startup.
What I appreciated the most about working with Beasley Direct is their responsiveness. Any time I had a question about SEO and PPC, it seemed like John Thyfault was right here with an explanation. Likewise, Andy Hoover was also very knowledgeable and responsive. I have the highest regards for Laurie and her team and would not hesitate to recommend them.