Lead Generation Strategy
Beasley’s campaign lead generation strategies involve 11 important steps, which are described in detail in our hands-on guide, Why It Takes 7 to 13 Touches to Generate a Qualified Sales Lead available in our resources section. Here’s a quick summary of the steps:
- Plan with the Perfect Customer in Mind
- Clearly Define a “Sales-Ready Qualified Lead”
- Quantify your “Sales-Ready” Lead Quota
- Align Sales, Marketing and Management with Your Lead-to-Sale Plan
- Segment Your Target Markets
- Improve Target Prospect Data
- Make Your Offer Compelling
- Tell a Story with Your Content
- Send an Email or Direct Mail as First Touches
- Listen to Prospects and Engage with the Human Touch of a Phone Call
- Track All Touch Metrics
As you can see, with lead generation strategies it’s important to decide what you want in a prospect and how many you need before you ever start planning creative and building a schedule for contacts. The definition of a “sales-ready lead” should come from Sales, not Marketing, and typically describes their business needs, their buying responsibility and the time frame for their purchase.
The job of a lead generation company is to attract the attention of these potential prospects and deliver them to the client’s sales force. Timing is particularly important: if they’re willing to talk to your sales rep at the beginning, you may be able to influence the specs for their purchase; if you wait until they’ve already made a list of vendors, then you have lessened your chance of winning. Through multiple touches, you can build awareness of your solution, so when the time is right for the first live sales contact it will be an easy transition.
Your campaign’s lead generation strategies can be planned internally, as long as you don’t miss any steps. However, we recommend you engage Beasley, a seasoned and professional lead generation company, at the beginning so we can advise on the right way to handle your evolving lead at each step on their journey to the signed purchase order.
Get a Free Reverse Sales Funnel Analysis!