Email Mobile Optimization
Nearly half of all messages today are opened on a mobile device. If your email template isn’t optimized for mobile, these readers may not be able to read it easily or even see what it contains (maybe that’s why mobile click-through rates are just half those of desktop emails.) You need to mobile-optimize your emails now, as part of your email marketing optimization strategy.
Get a Free Reverse Sales Funnel Analysis! — Learn more.
Consider the following email mobile optimization tips. People read emails differently than web pages: in a top-down sequence, rather than scanning the page. Be sure the reader will get a compelling reason to read on in the subject line and pre-header and that the top of the email contains useful information instead of a distorted graphic, tiny type or simply a blank box. The easiest way to do this is through using an email strategy that includes mobile aware and responsive design (in which elements shift depending on size of the window used to view the email.)
At your request, Beasley’s email marketing optimization experts can perform an audit of your email template and sending platform against a variety of receiving email programs, both desktop and mobile. We’ll make detailed email mobile optimization recommendations which you can perform on your own, or with our help.
DesignSome considerations in email mobile optimization
- Content first: think top-down hierarchy
- Large text sizes to ensure readability
- Use contrast to ensure readability across brightness levels
- Don’t cram content into the viewport –honor legibility over length
- Keep buttons least 44px square for easy tapping
- Keep links/buttons to the center or left where they can be seen wherever the viewer is scrolling
- Separate links to avoid touching two links
- Repeat calls to action so they can be seen wherever the viewer is scrolling