Google Ads Grants can provide non-profit organizations with an excellent opportunity to reach more people online and promote their causes. However, to make the most of this advertising grant, non-profits must develop effective strategies and tactics to increase their visibility and engagement.
Here are ten keys to Google Ads Grants success for non-profits:
- Conduct Thorough Keyword Research: Keyword research is essential for any Google Ads campaign, but it is particularly important for non-profits that are limited to a $2.00 maximum bid per keyword. Identify relevant keywords with high search volume and low competition to maximize your chances of getting clicks within your budget. Use tools like Google Keyword Planner to discover keyword ideas and bid strategically on keywords that align with your non-profit’s goals and mission.
- Use Image Assets for Search Text Ads: Google Ads Grants allows non-profits to use image assets in their search text ads, which can make your ads more visually appealing and engaging. Take advantage of this feature by creating compelling images that convey your message effectively. This can help you stand out from the competition and increase your click-through rates (CTR).
- Create New Campaigns Every Month: Google Ads rewards new campaigns with higher CTRs. Regularly create new campaigns and ad groups to keep your ads fresh and relevant. This can help improve your Quality Score and increase the visibility of your ads, resulting in higher click-through rates and better performance.
- Remove Keywords with Low Quality Scores: Low-quality keywords can harm your campaign’s performance and increase your cost per click (CPC). Remove any keywords with a 2 or lower quality score to improve your campaign’s relevance and effectiveness.
- Check Your Campaigns Daily: Regularly monitoring and optimizing your campaigns can help you identify issues or opportunities and make necessary adjustments to improve your performance. Check your campaigns daily to identify any underperforming keywords or ads and make necessary adjustments. Optimize your ad copy, landing pages, and bids to improve your campaign’s effectiveness and increase your CTR.
- Make Major Updates Once per Month: Google Ads takes time to learn and optimize your updates. Avoid making too many changes to your campaigns too frequently, as it may disrupt the learning process. Instead, make major updates once per month to allow Google’s algorithms to adapt and optimize your campaigns for better performance.
- Maintain a High Click-Through Rate (CTR): Google Ads Grants has a requirement of a minimum 5% CTR. If your CTR falls below this threshold, your account may be at risk of suspension. Focus on creating relevant and compelling ads, using targeted keywords, and optimizing your campaigns to maintain a high CTR and ensure the longevity of your account.
- Check Google’s Recommendations and Keep It at 100%: Google provides recommendations and feedback on your campaigns’ performance and opportunities for improvement. Check Google’s recommendations regularly and make necessary changes to keep your campaigns at 100%.
- Maintain high Landing Page Experience and Ad Relevance Scores: Google’s algorithm considers landing page experience and ad relevance when ranking ads and determining CPC. Make sure your landing pages are relevant and provide a positive user experience to increase engagement and improve your Quality Score.
- Use a Google Ads Account for Highly Competitive Keywords: In some cases the keywords you want/need to bid on cannot be achieved under the Google Ads Grants $2.00 maximum bid per keyword. In those cases, some of our clients maintain a hybrid approach of maximizing what they can do with their Google Ads Grants account and supplementing with a Google Ads Account to bid on the keywords that fall outside of the $2.00 maximum bid per keyword range.
In conclusion, by following these ten keys to Google Ads Grants success for non-profits, organizations can effectively leverage the advertising grant to achieve their online marketing objectives. Conduct thorough keyword research, use image assets, create new campaigns, remove low-quality keywords, check your campaigns daily, make major updates once per month, maintain a high CTR, check Google’s recommendations, and maintain a high landing page experience and ad relevance to maximize the benefits of Google Ads Grants.
Need help with your Google Ads Grants or Google Ads account? Contact Us for a free consultation.
Manager, Search Engine and Social Media Marketing
Beasley Direct and Online Marketing, Inc.